Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Feeling Good



I just realized that yesterday's blog never saved. I haven't had any reads on this page yet. It's alright. I'm going to be brief until later, but let me begin with what I've eaten today.





It all begins with insomnia. Despite sleeping maybe five hours on Sunday night and into Monday morning, I slept even less last night. I felt extremely hungry--legitimate hunger--So I helped myself to a grilled cheese sandwich.





So far today I've had:





1 grilled cheese sandwich (monterrey jack)


1 cheddar bagel w/ cream cheese


1 disgusting St. Patrick's day cookie.


1 glass of water.


Last night, I started reading the above book. I'll let you know how it goes. It's a classic in cognitive behavioral therapy. I don't do well with the self-help genre at all. This one is thicker and more intimidating, but so warmly written. The author, a clinical psychologist, seems more like a priest or minister in his optimism than a scientific-minded mental health professional.

The book seems to be primarily about recognizing faulty thought patterns. I think it will be exciting. I want to stick with it.

I didn't work out yesterday and likely wont today. My muscles are still sore from that great run that I had the other day!

No comments: